“ Where the customers’ safety and satisfaction are our first consideration”
Position Title: Installation Technician Reports to: Installation Lead Technician
AFAST is a leading provider of commercial low voltage services including the sale, design, installation, preventive maintenance, monitoring, and the emergency and scheduled service repairs of low voltage systems. Our specialties include: fire alarm, security, card access, CCTV, voice data, and general low voltage systems. AFAST is a thriving company that is searching for the right people to join us in our continuing growth and emergence in the metro Atlanta and expanding service areas. Our clients range from building management and owners to other commercial installation and service companies. We are excited about our future and would like the opportunity to discuss our available employment opportunities and your background – when your qualifications include:
- The customer’s safety and satisfaction are our first consideration. Safety – Selected candidates must demonstrate the ongoing ability to comply with all AFAST, customer, and government regulated safety requirements, the proper use of personal protective equipment, and the proper installation and service of low voltage systems.
- The customer’s safety and satisfaction are our first consideration. Satisfaction – Selected candidates must demonstrate the ongoing ability to complete all work with consistent professionalism and the goal of exceeding the customer’s expectations through our punctuality, effective communications, attention to detail, focus on quality, and the reliability of all provided low voltage system services.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must be a team player and work well with others.
- Must be attentive and responsive to our customer’s and to AFASTS managements’ needs and requests.
- Must have the ability to communicate professionally, utilizing face to face, telephone, and electronic communications.
- 2 years of low voltage and/or electrical installation experience is preferred. Alternate experience and/or electrical aptitude will be considered.
- Must have the ability to properly use basic hand tools required for electrical installations. This includes and is not limited to: tape measures, wire cutters, wire strippers, pliers, screwdrivers, hammers, wrenches, glow rods, fish tapes, saws, drills, multi-meters, and toners.
- Must provide basic hand tools with the exception of powered hand and specialty tools.
- Must have the ability to interpret design drawings and install low voltage systems under the leadership of Installation Lead Technicians or Project Managers.
- Must have the ability to install low voltage wiring, back boxes, bushings, wiring supports, fire caulk, control panel back boxes, and peripheral devices in accordance with design drawings and/or installation manuals and instructions.
- Must have the ability to safely and frequently stand, squat, lift, kneel, climb ladders, operate lifts, and work above ceilings or overhead in conditioned and unconditioned environments. Must be able to safely lift 40 pounds.
- Must have the ability to follow directions and complete assigned tasks safely, neatly, reliably, and with efficiency.
- Must demonstrate the ability to learn, retain, and apply skills learned on the job and in formal training seminars.
- Ability to work varying shifts. Most work is performed between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM, and some shift work, early or late work, overtime, and weekend work may be required. Occasional out of town work may be required.
- Must be punctual and available to work as scheduled.
- Must provide reliable transportation of self and equipment (6’ to 8’ ladders, hand tools, wire, and parts) to and from job locations such as construction sites and finished buildings. Most jobs are one location per day, and job requirements may occasionally require multiple locations within the same work day. A basic vehicle allowance of $260 per month will be provided, with additional allowance for job sites beyond a 60 mile radius from the selected employee’s home.
- National Institute for Certifications in Engineering Technologies (NICET), Fire Protection Engineering Technology, Fire Alarm Systems Level I or above is a plus.
- Conduit installation experience, to include stub ups, back boxes, and bends such as offsets and saddles is preferred.
- Programming experience with Firelite, Silent Knight, Honeywell and other systems is preferred.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I qualified for this job based on the job description?
- Do I offer potential value to AFAST and to its customers if selected for employment?
- Do I want to work in an environment where I am valued as an individual and as a member of the team?
- Am I a team player, who takes responsibility for my performance as a key member of the team?
- Am I receptive, flexible, and eager to learn?
- Do I have a problem solving attitude and actively seek creative solutions to complex challenges?
- Am I detail oriented?
- Am I situationally aware and plan ahead effectively?
- Am I trustworthy and eager to be empowered to grow and learn?
- Am I the type of person who takes initiative and goes above and beyond for my customer and my teammates?
- Do I have the skills to emerge as a future leader within AFAST?
If your answers to all of these questions are yes, then you have the skill-sets that we would like to see within our organization. Please submit your resume to AFAST, ATTN: Hiring Manager, PO Box 848 Flowery Branch GA 30542 or electronically to bfloyd @ afast.biz